If you missed the InterNations Webinar "How to Move to Canada and Become a Canadian Citizen" I hosted as an InterNations Global Consul on Zoom on November 12th, 2022, and would like to watch the recording instead, you can do so on this page:
The sound file can also be downloaded.
If you liked our webinar, please let us and others know by giving us a rumble.
Learn about our guest speaker
Our main speaker at the webinar was Kristina McPherson from Toronto. Kristina left her home country Jamaica for Canada as a student eight years ago and became a Canadian citizen in 2019.
She is a true expert on the matter and the author of the book:
From Foreign Student to Canadian Citizen - And Everything in Between: How to Move to Canada and Become a Canadian Citizen like me
It is a clear and concise step-by-step guide and will give you answers to a lot of the questions you have about Canadian immigration.
The book is already available on Amazon as a paperback and for download onto your Kindle. An audio version will soon be published on Audible.
Those were the main topics discussed in the webinar:
- Main pros and cons of moving to Canada today
- The overall process of immigrating and becoming a citizen
- How to prepare for it / approach it best.
- When to engage the help of specialists (relocation consultants, lawyers, tax advisors etc.).
- Typical bad surprises immigrants get hit with and the most common pitfalls they fall into.
- How to become a happy immigrant in Canada.
- Who should read Kristina's book and what other resources she recommends.
- Kristina's plans for the future of her program
Don't miss out on these further resources
Here are the links to the further resources we mentioned in the webinar and a few more that might be helpful as well:
- Become a member of Kristina's website to stay in the know about any upcoming events and video topics and chat with her directly.
- Subscribe to Kristina's YouTube channel and follow her on Instagram.
- Kristina's blog post "How to find a job in Atlantic Canada"
- Get a 10% discount for immigration consultant services from CanMove Immigration.
- Claim your free personal copy of the detailed CV checklist I have created by sending a blank email message to: email@example.com.
- There is also my Fridge List “How to Go International”: you can get for free by sending a blank email message to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- And don’t forget to join “Ways to the Perfect Job • The Group” on LinkedIn as well.
Right after that webinar, Mr. Srikanth R. from Uppsala wrote to us about it:
»It was a fantastic webinar, and glad I was a part of it. Thank you, Kristina, for your excellent insight on Canadian immigration and Michael, for organising such an informative event.«